BLP is elected the best law firm for the third year in a row
Consolidating our leadership in the Costa Rican and Central American legal market, BLP was selected as “Law Firm of the Year – Costa Rica” for the third consecutive year by the prestigious international legal guide Chambers & Partners. BLP received this award for the fourth time during an awards ceremony that took place in Miami this past November 17th.
The award was presented by the leading international guide in rating, judging, and ranking law firms, attorneys, legal departments, and methods in the practice of law.
Besides being chosen by Chambers & Partners, during 2017 BLP was also granted the “Law Firm of the Year – Americas” award by International Financial Law Review (IFLR), the only firm in Costa Rica to have received this recognition, the Gold award for “Law Firm of the Year – Central America” by International Legal Alliance Summit & Awards (ILASA), and the “Firm of the Year – Costa Rica” award by Who’s Who Legal, as well as being selected in Latin Lawyer 250 and as an Elite Firm.
Our third year being elected as the best law firm in Costa Rica is resumed in our essence, in who we are:
- Talent: Our team is formed from the best attorneys in the region, specialists who, after graduating from the best universities in the world, have built careers full of success. Creating integral teams with specialists from our 26 practice areas, each case and client is cared for by the best talent in Central America.
- Innovation: We are constantly seeking new ways to do things, innovating not only in problem-solving for our clients, but also to help them grow to their full potential. This vision comes from seeking advancement in all of the firm’s reaches, from the smallest such as internal communication, to the largest such as unprecedented deal closures of the highest complexity.
- Client Service: BLP was born from the purpose of becoming true business partners to our clients, with our upcoming 15-year anniversary, we continue to be true to this ideal daily. Our services are structured to revolve around the particular needs of each one of our clients, based on a relationship of the utmost transparency and communication.
- Experience: The experience that each one of our attorneys brings to the table is unmatchable, from actively participating in the most important recent transactions in the region, to successfully concluding business operation startups and advising the most predominant local and international companies in their daily affairs.
- Human Quality: The members of our team reflect the firm’s values and principles. BLP not only represents the best professionals in academia and work fields, it also represents professionals with a deep commitment to ethics and personal excellence.
- Sustainability: Understanding the greater impact that all companies have in the world, our efforts are focused on ensuring this impact is a positive one. Because of this, through our Sustainability Management Program, we actively participate in matters of corporate responsibility, volunteer work, pro bono work (supplying over 3000 hours annually), gender equality (through a dedicated committee), LGBTI and diversity (also through a dedicated committee), and environmental management (being Carbon Neutral and earning the Ecological Blue Flag).
We feel profoundly proud of all members of the BLP team, whom, through their effort and daily work, transform who we are into what we do. Being named the best law firm in Costa Rica for the third year in a row, we continue our commitment to providing the best legal services in the region, and thanking each one of our clients for their continued trust in the firm.