QUALITY IS DISPLAYED WHEN THERE IS A CLEAR COMMITMENT TO WHAT WE DO
Currently, BLP is the only law firm in Costa Rica that works under a true business structure in which all our professionals and staff members coordinate their functions accordingly and are oriented towards achieving a common goal: satisfying our client’s needs. Our professionals aren’t limited to only working in teams, they also share common values and principles, all in benefit to our clients. BLP operates under a series of established principles that guide our work. These principles include:
- Quality: BLP is committed to consistently providing world-class legal services under a standard of excellence that satisfies the most demanding needs.
- Service: BLP is committed to offering, not only first-rate legal services in a responsive and proactive manner, but also to becoming trusted business advisors for all our clients. Because of this, we are acclaimed for our accessibility before our clients and the efficiency in our attention to each hired task.
- Ethics: BLP is committed to strict ethical values that don’t allow us to participate in commercial practices that are contrary to ethics. We strive to protect our client’s reputation because it is in this detail where success lies, as well as our own reputation. We are familiarized with foreign legislation such as the US Foreign Corrupt Practices Act, and our internal policies are stricter than the local Bar rules. For BLP, our client’s confidentiality is of utmost importance, and we avoid conflicts of interest that can risk the trust our clients have deposited in us.
- Team-work and cost-efficiency: Because we operate under a true business and human structure, we are capable of forming client-oriented teams. At BLP, we view every client as a client of the firm, not just of an individual lawyer. Because of this, our lawyers reach out to other lawyers of the firm that have the necessary experience and expertise to best serve each client’s needs. Moreover, our culture of friendliness and cordiality allows us to work in a pleasant, courteous, and professional environment, even in the most difficult and tense situations. Our clients benefit from our specialties and expertise, as well as from our ability to leverage service in cost-efficient ways, which provides an equitable balance between the price for our services and the value that we add to our client’s business.
- Leadership and development: We believe that our capacity for leadership is important to all our clients. The practice of law impacts and influences many areas, and as such, our professionals occupy leadership positions in private chambers, well-known NGOs, bar associations, and universities, as well as being influencers of public opinion. BLP motivates our lawyers to write and speak on current events, and to strive to make positive changes in the development of the law and justice.
- Talent: All law firms depend on their lawyers, and BLP only recruits and employs the best talents in each distinct legal area, professionals who share the common characteristic of having outstanding achievements in academia, professionally, and personally. Our lawyers are accustomed to success and sacrifice: they have excelled in law schools, they have studied abroad in distinguished universities, they have won prestigious scholarships, they have worked in recognized law firms and organizations internationally, and they are constantly updating their knowledge regarding changes in legislations and legal practices.
- Pro Bono: Beyond being granted success and leadership in the business world, we are enormously proud of our contributions and compromise with pro bono activities. BLP leads in this sector, being the first signees of the Pro Bono Declaration of the Americas, and have led and promoted pro bono work and initiatives with local Bar Associations and NGOs. In November of 2008, we officially launched our BLP Pro Bono Foundation. To this day, the foundation has worked in relevant social projects in the region. We take pride in one of our client’s famous phrases: “There can’t be successful companies in failed societies”.