Today, June 03rd 2022, the reform of articles 94, 94 BIS, 95, 96, 97, 100 and the addition of subsection K) to article 70 of the Labor Code was published in the official newspaper La Gaceta.
As established by this change in the law, every employer must ensure that they comply with the following guidelines:
• It is prohibited to require a medical proof of pregnancy to access or permanence in work.
• Provide paid leave for the worker or parent in charge to attend medical services.
• The employee may opt for reinstatement or terminate the employment contract with employer responsibility.
• Also, the employee in breastfeeding period will have the right to severance and the collection of damages that will be set in the sentence.
• Birth parents will be given paternity leave of 2 days a week for the first 4 weeks after the birth of their son or daughter.
• In the event of maternal death, the biological father will be entitled to special postpartum leave.
About the Nursing Room:
• Have a breastfeeding room, regardless of the number of workers.
• Employees who are breastfeeding may have different intervals to choose from to breastfeed.