Business Registration Renewal (Municipal)
Any natural or legal person engaged in the sale of goods, industries, or provision of services, whether they are professionals or not, must register with the corresponding municipality and renew their registration every year.
- Period: December 1 to January 31 (Managua) and January 1 to 31 (other municipalities).
- Base: 2% on the monthly average of the gross income of the last three months of the previous year or of the months elapsed since the opening date, if less than three months.
- Penalty: In case of non-compliance, a 5% fine will be applied for each month of delay.
- Requirements: Within the requirements for renewal are:
- Proof of Label and/or no Labels;
- Information Update Form and supporting documentation;
- Environmental Guarantee.
Taxes on Labels (Municipal)
The use of propaganda or publicity through signs located in each municipality of the Republic of Nicaragua is subject to tax.
- Period: January.
- Payment due: The tax must be paid in January of each year in the corresponding municipality. In case of non-compliance, a 5% fine will be applied.
- Base: According to the Classification of the Label and its dimensions.
Information Update (Municipal)
Any person, whether natural or legal, that has a business registration must update and/or, where appropriate, ratify to the municipal authority the information declared in the registration system as a taxpayer. In any case, the taxpayer must provide certain supporting documentation that proves the existence of the natural or legal person, modifications, and/or reforms.
Environmental Guarantee (Municipal)
Any natural or legal person who has a business registration, as part of the strengthening of the Environmental Management Plan in charge of each Municipal Authority, must request an Environmental Guarantee from the Municipal Authority as a requirement to request the opening of a business or the renewal of business registration.