Adelina is a BLP Partner in the San José office, Costa Rica. Her practice areas are Business Law and Free Trade Zones.
With more than 14 years of experience, Adelina has provided national and transnational companies with legal advice on day-to-day matters, as well as with complex strategies involved in mergers, acquisitions, and corporate restructuring. In addition, she has developed expertise in commercial contracting including international contracts.
In the area of special export regimes, specifically Free Trade Zones, Adelina has focused a significant part of her practice advising a variety of companies not only in the establishment of its operations in Costa Rica under the Free Zones regime but also in aspects related to the growth and expansion of established operations. She is the coordinator of the Committee of Free Zones of the Chamber of Exporters (CADEXCO) and an active member of the Committee of Free Zones of the Association of Free Trade Zone Companies of Costa Rica (AZOFRAS).
She joined the BLP team as a Legal Assistant in 2003 and became an Associate in 2005.
- Master in Legal Advice of Companies, Universidad Carlos III de Madrid (U3CM), Spain, 2012
- Specialization in Notary and Registry Law summa cum laude, Universidad Escuela Libre de Derecho, Costa Rica, 2007
- Law degree, Universidad de Costa Rica, Costa Rica, 2005
ASSOCIATIONS AND AFFILIATIONS
- Free Zones Committee of the Costa Rica Exporters Chamber (CADEXCO): Coordinator of the Free Zone Committee.
- Association of Free Trade Zone Companies of Costa Rica (AZOFRAS): Member of the Free Zones Committee.
- Costa Rican Bar Association: Member