Adriana is a BLP Partner in the San José office. She specializes in the practice areas of Business Law and Telecommunications, Media & Technology. In addition, she has experience in Dispute Resolution and family-owned business issues.
Over a span of 14 years, she has advised national and transnational companies in day-to-day matters, as well as complex multi-jurisdictional mergers and acquisitions, coordinating work with law firms and legal teams from around the world, and directing BLP team members at our other offices in Central America. Her expertise also includes the review and implementation of contracts, debt restructuring, design and execution of corporate structures, tax, labor and organizational aspects of family businesses.
She is described as a lawyer focused on developing the business of her clients, with a comprehensive vision and great attention to detail, as well as highlighting the clarity of her answers.
Adriana was a Private Law professor at the University of Costa Rica for three years. She is the director of the Young Lawyers’ Committee of the International Bar Association (IBA). She is also the founder and executive director of the nonprofit milk bank foundation, Fundación Banco de Leche Humana Catalina Vega. In addition, Adriana participates as an active member of the board of directors of several family-owned businesses.
She joined the BLP team as a legal assistant in 2003 before becoming an associate in 2007. In 2017 she was named Partner of the firm. Previously, she was assistant to the presidency of the Legislative Assembly of Costa Rica.
- Recognized in the practice area of Corporate/M&A by Chambers and Partners
- Recognized as Notable Practitioner by IFLR 1000
- Master in Business Law, summa cum laude, Northwestern University, United States, 2011
- Executive Program "Family Business Administration", Central American Institute of Business Administration (INCAE), Costa Rica, 2006
- Law degree, summa cum laude, Universidad de Costa Rica, Costa Rica, 2007
ASSOCIATIONS AND AFFILIATIONS
- International Bar Association (IBA): Member
- Fundación Banco de Leche: Founder and board member
- Costa Rica Bar Association: Member