BLP Legal also referred to interchangeably as BLP Abogados or simply BLP thanks you for visiting our website and for your interest in our firm and our services.
1. BLP respects your privacy
- 1.1 The protection of your privacy in the processing of personal information, as well as the security of all commercial data, is for us an important issue that we address in our business procedures. We process the personal details that are collected from your visit to our website in a confidential manner and according to the law.
- 1.2 Data protection and information security are of primary concern to us.
- 1.3 When we request your consent regarding the use of personal information, we access only that information you authorize us to have.
2. Collection and processing of personal data
- 2.1 Personal data is specific information about the personal or material relationships of an identified or identifiable natural or legal person, such as names, addresses, telephone numbers, email addresses, photos or any other information about an identified or identifiable person.
- 2.2 We collect, process and use personal data (including IP addresses) only when there is a legal basis, or we are authorized by means of a declaration of consent in this regard.
Cookies are small text files that are stored in your computer. These files can be tracked if your terminal has already communicated with our website. The reading of cookies allows us to customize our web pages for you and facilitate your use.
4.2 BLP cookies
4.3 Third party cookies
4.4 Deactivation and elimination of cookies
When you visit our web pages you are asked in a pop-up box if you wish to allow the cookies that appear on our website or deactivate them in the configuration. If you choose not to allow cookies, an exclusion cookie will appear in your browser. This cookie is only used to classify your decision. However, disabling cookies may cause some features of our web pages to become unavailable. Please note that for technical reasons an exclusion cookie can only be used in the browser for which it was established. If you delete cookies or use another browser or terminal, you must reconfigure the exclusion cookie. On the other hand, the configuration option does not cover the cookies created by other providers when you visit third-party websites. However, through your browser, you can always delete all cookies. To do this, you may utilize your browser’s help functions, which may also cause some functions to become unavailable.
5. Use of redirecting tools
- 5.1 To optimize our online marketing we use redirecting technologies. For this, the Internet connection must be uniquely designed and adapted to client needs.
- 5.3 If you do not want BLP and its redirection partner to use redirection cookies, please proceed in accordance with section 4.4.
6. Use of conversion tracking
- 6.1 In order to make our online presence as attractive as possible for users, we employ the common practice of “conversion tracking.”
6.2 Through this analysis service, our conversion tracking partners such as Google AdWords place a cookie on your computer ("conversion cookie") if you access through the link to the partner in question on our website. These cookies cease to have effect after 30 days. If you visit our website and the cookie has not yet expired, we can, like our conversion tracking partner, recognize that someone has clicked on the screen and has been referred to our page. Cookies cannot be tracked through our website. The information collected from the conversion cookies is used to produce conversion statistics showing the total number of users who have clicked on the corresponding screen and have been sent to a page provided with a conversion tracking label.
However, this is done anonymously; a user cannot be identified through conversion tracking.
- 6.3 If you do not want BLP and its conversion tracking partner to use conversion tracking cookies, please proceed in accordance with section 4.4.
7. Use of analysis tools
- 7.1 BLP’s website performs access measurements with web tools such as Google Analytics and WebTrends.
- 7.2 When selecting analytical measures, we make sure that they only access data anonymously, so that no connection can be established with the user. In particular, this is done by guaranteeing the anonymous nature of the IP address. For the measurement, cookies are used, which allow the analysis of the use of the website. Thus, BLP can improve the quality of in-house data. The information generated using the web pages is transmitted to the statistics server BLP-CORP-SIT, managed by BLP in EEUU, Virginia. Only authorized persons have access to this anonymous information.
- 7.3 If you do not wish to use these analytic cookies, please proceed in accordance with section 4.4.
8. Use of social connections
- 8.1 BLP uses in its web pages and mobile applications online “social connections” such as Facebook, Twitter, and Google+. This term refers to participation buttons such as "Like” on Facebook.
- 8.2 By using what is known as a double click method we avoid registering and analyzing your visit to our web pages by default providers of social networks. When you access one of our web pages that contain connections of this type, they are deactivated at the beginning. Connections will only be activated if you click on the button provided. This activation connects to the social network in question and gives its consent for the transmission of its data. If you press the corresponding button, this information is transmitted directly from your browser to the respective social network and stored there. If you want to end the transmission, you must deactivate the connection again.
- 8.3 If you have logged on to a social network, the visit can also be linked to the account in that network. If you do not want the social network in question to link the data collected from your visit with your stored user data, you must disconnect from the network before activating the social connection buttons.
- 8.4 For information on the purpose and scope of this collection, the processing and use of data by the social network, as well as their rights and options to protect your privacy, please consult the privacy policies of the corresponding social network.
9.1 Consent and revocation If you provide us with personal information, we use it to keep you informed about our services and, if necessary, ask you questions, provided you have given us your express consent to use your personal data for purposes of sending you BLP promotional materials.
If you have given us your consent to use the data for advertising purposes, but in the future, you no longer wish to receive further publicity from BLP, you may revoke your consent at any time. Your information will be deleted or blocked, unless it is still needed for billing and accounting purposes.
10. Use of external linksThe BLP website may contain links to third-party websites (e.g. suppliers with which we are not associated). After clicking on the link, we no longer have control over the collection, processing, and use of any personal data (such as the IP address or URL of the page containing the link) transmitted to third parties when the link is clicked since such third-party behavior is beyond our control. BLP assumes no responsibility for the processing of personal data of this type by third parties.
- 11.1 Our employees and service companies designated by BLP have a commitment to confidentiality and compliance with the provisions of the Law on the Protection of the Person against the Processing of Personal Data of Costa Rica.
- 11.2 BLP takes all the necessary technical and organizational measures that are defined in the Law on the Protection of the Person against the Processing of Personal Data to protect your data when they are under our administration against manipulation, loss, destruction, access by unauthorized persons, and unauthorized disclosure. We continually improve our security measures in order to adapt to technological developments.
13. Access and rectificationAs a BLP website visitor, you have the right to request access to your stored personal data at any time. In addition, you may also require that such data be corrected.
14. Revocation and elimination
- 14.1 At any time you can revoke your consent to collect, process and use your personal data in the future. 14.2 Personal information is deleted if you revoke your consent to store it, if it is no longer necessary to fulfill the purpose of storage, or if storing it for other legal reasons is prohibited.
- 14.3 The data necessary for billing and accounting or subject to a legal obligation of confidentiality are not modified. If access is not required, this data will be blocked.
To access, rectify, make suggestions or file a complaint regarding the processing of your personal data, as well as to revoke your consent, please contact us at email@example.com