Julio is a Partner of BLP in the San José office. His specialty practice areas are Banking & Finance, Private Equity & Venture Capital and Energy & Infrastructure.
Throughout his 16 years of experience, he has advised national and international and multilateral financial entities in multi-jurisdictional credit operations for the largest energy and infrastructure projects in the region.
He has also advised on local and international capital markets operations that include legal representation in securities issuance transactions, securitizations, regulatory authorizations, initial public offers and bond issues.
He has also led negotiations of public works concession contracts and their financing. Julio actively participates in the regional assessment of the structuring and financing of public infrastructure projects in sectors of land and air transport, and renewable energy.
He has been recognized by the prestigious publication Chambers & Partners as an Associate to Watch. Clients value his extensive legal knowledge and valuable opinions and praise his availability and skill to integrate international teams, which has allowed him to participate in the financial structuring of the largest projects in energy and infrastructure of Costa Rica.
He joined the BLP team as an Associate in 2011, after having been a legal advisor to the HSBC Bank. He was also an associate at Feinzaig, Scharf & van der Putten, Nassar Abogados, and KPMG. In addition, he interned at the Inter-American Development Bank (IDB) in the Non-Sovereign Guarantee Section in Washington DC.
- Cited as an Associate to Watch in Project Finance by Chambers & Partners
- Recognized as LACCA Approved by the in-house lawyers consulted by LACCA
- Courses in Financial Derivatives and International Derivative Swaps, International Swaps and Derivatives Association (ISDA).
- Master in Banking and Financial Law, Boston University, United States, 2009.
- Law degree, Universidad Escuela Libre de Derecho, Costa Rica, 2003.
ASSOCIATIONS AND AFFILIATIONS
- Costa Rican Bar Association: Member of the Board of Directors