The increasing need for Estate & Succession Planning is especially relevant in today’s context.CentralAmerican legal systems foresee the need to implement succession structures that allow the disposition of assets in ways that are more flexible,efficient,and in line with the proprietor’sintentions. In this way, a property owner can institute as heirs those he favors, establishing appropriate terms and condition
Several the most significant regional financial institutions in both the public and private sectors rely on our legal advice and practical guidance to ensure success in national and multinational transactions.
- Custom design and implementation of local and cross-border estate planning and asset protection structures: wills, trusts, private interest foundations, shareholder agreements.
- ‘Giving while living” estate transfers (anticipated succession), donations, and other premortem dispositions.
- Diagnosis and identification of heritage.Diagnosis and identification of heritage.
- Identification of interests and wishes in the face of inheritance or illness
- Asset structure optimization and corporate/equity reorganization.
- Asset/wealth management and annual compliance with obligations.
- Family protocols: Advice on corporate governance, good practices, and management succession in family-run businesses.
- Personalized oversight of Family Office with a single point of contact.
- Custody / Safeguarding of succession documents
- Heritage division.
- Review and update of inheritance provisions, based on the latest obligations, trends, and opportunities offered by the different jurisdictions.
- Appraisal of art, jewelry, and other valuables not subject to registration.
- Analysis of tax implications.
- Accounting diagnoses including any necessary corrections; advice on tax compliance.
- Marriage contract.